isGroup for IM External Signage
The external signage at the IM Group’s new headquarters complex included a huge cast iron logo sign and three, unique, illuminated monoliths manufactured from a range of materials.
About the project
After Britain’s HS2 high-speed rail line forced a move on the IM Group and meant it had to find a new home for its 250 staff, a brand new campus facility was delivered in Solihull.
The signage the isGroup produced included:
- 2.8m S355 grade steel frame totem with Corten steel decorative panels with laser cut detail.
- 1.8m solid Portland smooth mix precast concrete with bird mouth detail to edges and recessed cast CV logo, illuminated by warm white LEDs
External Cast Iron Logo
- 3.2m Cast iron logo with warm white Sloan LEDs to the rear, casting thickness circa 40mm with a tannic acid finish.
- Cast from a black sand casting in one piece and weighing in @ Circa 450 kilo’s the logo required a carrier frame to protect the frame and to meet the requirements of BAM constructions “Temporary works”.
Cast Concrete Totem
- 2m Solid Portland smooth mix precast concrete with bird mouth detail to edges and cast text “THE ROCK” to both faces.
As well additional totems, vehiclular signage and parking markers
Goodwin & Goodwin